Submitting articles is easy, simply sign up to the site (for free) below and start posting articles straight away.
We do not edit articles and they are all published under a Creative Commons licence. The aim of Science Nutshell is for visitors to quickly find and read the scientific news of interest to them. All articles are therefore limited to 2000 characters (about 330 words).
Please avoid technical terms and aim your article at a general reader. Science Nutshell authors are typically either scientists describing their recent research, or science writers/bloggers summarising specific scientific developments/topics. Therefore it is a fantastic platform to start a science blog or simply to share your own research.
- Before adding your first post, click on ‘your profile’ and add relevant information
- To add an article click on ‘posts’ and then ‘add new’
- Articles are limited to 2000 characters (about 330 words)
- Article title should ideally be under 100 characters
- Please avoid technical terms and aim your article at a general reader
- Ideally articles should consist of 3-6 paragraphs and contain a maximum of 2 figures/photos
- Please make sure you have permission to use any images/figures
- Add a photo/figure caption if appropriate
- Add appropriate categories and tags on the right hand side of the ‘new post’ page
- Add a ‘feature image’ – this will appear on the homepage and on social media posts
- Add a ‘focus keyphrase’ beneath the article (for search engines to pick up on the article)
- At the end of the post, add a link to the corresponding journal article if applicable
- Click publish and your article will go live on the site!
Alternatively you can add a one off article to the site by filling out the form below. We aim to add articles to the site within 24-48 hours. The advantage of signing up to the site is that you can check comments and views on your article(s), update your profile box, and add further posts.